Monday, January 5, 2009

What a vacation!

We had such a fun winter vacation! It was sad to see it end! I was very spoiled and slept in almost every morning -- We knew it wasn't going to happen again in a long time so we enjoyed every minute of it and didn't feel guilty once. But we also stayed up pretty late so we decided it evened itself out!
Brian was able to take 1 1/2 weeks off -I LOVED IT! We put ourselves to work and redid our bedroom. You know how these old houses are with the small master bedrooms, so we added tall cabinets and took out our dressers- It created so much room for us -we are so proud of ourselves!
Isn't it just so cute! I now have a place to put my Willow Tree figurines without my kids knocking them off. And Brian can't put anything on top of the dresser anymore! The doors hide everything!
The kids had a great Christmas - They finally got a Wii and some Webkins! Almost three long years of waiting for the kids - It's actually pretty fun so the only hard part was waiting for the kids to go to bed so we could play it!!!
One of our favorite days was going SLEDDING - We stayed for a couple of hours and exhausted everyone!

Look at the huge smiles. Kortney stayed in the sled the whole time - she is quite a daredevil!


2 comments:

Julie said...

Quinci absolutely loved the sledding as well! I love Christmas Break...by the way your cabinets do look very good.

nettie said...

Okay, your bedroom rocks (now that I've had a sneak peak) I really liked how open it felt, and classy too!