Thursday, April 28, 2011

New Calling

I'm way excited, but, of course, very nervous to be the Young Women's President. Why is it that I still feel like a 20 year old and way too young to have this calling? But the grey hairs on my head are reminding me that I'm older than I feel.
I think what really makes me the most anxious is doing the right thing... I don't feel like I say things very well and have put my foot in my mouth way too many times, I always second guess myself and feel there are soooo many other amazing women who would do so much better. Why me?
But maybe that's it... I have much to learn and this is the way to teach me.....
These young women in my ward are sweet, fun, cute, and their testimonies are STRONG! They'll do just fine as my teachers... School is in session!!

6 comments:

Julie said...

You will be amazing for our girls! I am so thankful that you are the new President...maybe people prayed you into that calling cuz they knew you were the one to teach our girls! If you ever need anyting LMK. You know I can babysit for you since you get to party with your babysitter weekly!

Jennica said...

You really are going to be so great. I love your testimony and I love your silly side too. You will be so fun for these cute young women. I am happy that you are there to teach my young woman.

Unknown said...

You really are an amazing person and a great mom. Good luck with your new calling! Thanks for helping your husband coach soccer this season. We had a good time.

newsinaminute said...

you know you have my full vote of confidence--I love that kayley is right there with ya--when I was pres hayley was with me and it made it al the more fun.
you'll do fabulous!!!!!!!!!!! Lynda

Christy said...

What lucky young women!

BonnieKaye said...

You are so great with the youth. I'm sure you're doing a fantastic job. The YW are lucky to have you.