Wednesday, September 17, 2008

DUP Museum

I got to go with my sister-in-law (Erika), her friend (Christa), and my mother-in-law (Judy) to the Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum. It was actually really fun and there were so many amazing things to see. Behind us there's a carriage that they used during pioneer times! We also got to see the wagon that Brigham Young was brought into the valley with when he said "This is the place." We got to see tons of old clothes and furniture and books. There were dolls and dishes and anything used during pioneer times. It showed a lot of the past prophets clothing and belongings. It was lots of fun!
This is an old fire engine that the DUP restored - it was pretty cool!
Here's a dress that one of the beauty queens wore. It was so detailed and delicate - this one had seagulls sewn onto the dress! So much detail!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I have to admit you have mastered the art of one handed camera taking. The pictures look great and the museum looks awesome. Jon's mom has been in DUP for years and I am sad to say I have never been. ROAD TRIP! Do you think Jon will go for that!
Miss ya!