Monday, February 16, 2009

6 Weeks of no SUGAR!

Yes, it's true - our family is doing a six week "Eat to Live" challenge! So we are going to be eating tons of veggies and fruits and ABSOLUTELY NO SUGAR! I've been thinking about doing this for a while, and I was so good last week until Valentine's Day came around and I ate and splurged and hated myself afterwards for it. So, family involved, we have decided to challenge ourselves, because I know that I can't do this alone.
We went through all our kitchen cupboards and came out with a messful of sugar! I didn't even know there was that much sugar in our cupboard. And can I just say that it was soooo HARD - I didn't think it would be, but I thought of all the cookies and cakes I would be missing, and I kept trying to think of ways to keep them (look at my sad face). But in the long run they all came out!
It's hard for me, but I'm excited for the challenge! So please, friends, don't bring any goodies over!!
The kids are amazingly in on it, too. They say they want to eat healthier, and be better. I love this pic of them getting the last minute sugar rush in before we get rid of it!
So I have to blog about this in hopes that by recording it, it will help me be better.
Day one starts tomorrow! Feb 17, 2009
I would love any recipe ideas that would be healthy for kids.


5 comments:

Janice said...

WOW! You guys are amazing! That is a great idea. After all of the candy and treats that we got and ate and are eating after Valentine's Day I am ready for something like that. While I was pregnant with Olivia I didn't want anything to do with sweets. My body craved fruits and vegetables. It was great! And then she was born it all changed and I can't seem to get enough chocolate...so sad! You will have to keep us updated on your progress. I love the pictures.

Mandy said...

Are you CRAZY? Just kidding. I have to say that of any family I know your family is the one that could pull it off!
GO SHEWELLS!
I'll be cheering you on while I induldge myself in fatty, sugar loaded treats. I'm weak Trina!
Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

I wish I were as brave as you!

Jennica said...

That picture is CLASSIC!!! You are amazing... I am impressed that you are trying it!

nettie said...

You rock girl! I'm so impressed with everything you do!