Friday, February 27, 2009

Day 11!

I think my body is getting more used to not having sugar! Yea! I love my fruit smoothies in the morning and every now and than I'll have a homemade popsicle - orange juice is awesome frozen. I was talking to one of my friends that had no sugar 80% of the month (it was for her insurance)which meant that she could have sugar 13 days out of the month. I really liked that idea, but maybe up it to 90%. (It was definitely hard when Spencer had his birthday on Wednesday) - so I think I would look through the month and find 7 or 8 days that sugar would be ok - like FHE or birthdays, etc. But I love feeling healthier - I love how my body is feeling - I'm really eating tons more fruits and veggies and can feel the difference, I have more energy and don't feel so sluggish - I love that! So I'm sticking it out to the end and am wanting to impliment it into my lifestyle. If I give myself days that are "ok" I won't feel so frustrated, but I know that on the other days I can't give in.

5 comments:

Julie said...

When you put it that way....7-8 days a month to set aside having sugar it seems like you might look forward and enjoy the sugar more and you will take pride in that. AFTER this baby gets here I think I might take your challenge. I like it.

Janice said...

That is a great idea to have certain days throughout the month that you plan to have sugar and on the rest stay away from it. I am going to suggest that to my family and see what they say. Then if the kids get candy they can save it until the day they can eat it, I think it would be a great lesson in self control that they could learn at an early age. Love the picture of your family. It was good to see your sister and her family and your mom and dad. It has been a long time since I have seen them.

nettie said...

Just give me the dang candy! Okay, so I wish that you would come clean out all the candy at my house. We decided to be "good" and "healthy", but all this candy just keeps jumping into my mouth--without my permission, I might add. Anyhoo, you rock!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean today I just feel better. I have to admit I haven't gone completely without sugar either. But it is a special occasion for the sugar and It works. I like that. I am attending an 8 week class called Powerful Mind Powerful Nutrition. It's helping me want to change my lifestyle forever. Good luck and keep it up! You go girl!!!!

Jennica said...

I am super impressed!