Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day 6!

So lets just say that I did great the first 5 days - and than my mom and dad came up with my sister's family and we celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary.... and than I caved today!! This is definitely harder than I anticipated - I didn't realize how much candy gets distributed to my kids - they got treats from school and than tons of treats from church - Why do kids have to be praised with sugar when I'm trying to be good? Can't they see that I'm struggling and give them stickers instead?... Spencer's b-day got celebrated with my Moab fam this weekend - and he'll have his official cake and icecream this Wed .. it's so hard to see all the sweets and not partake! I feel for Eve! And so I take the fall and am picking myself back up and starting again tomorrow!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

I think you need to attach notes to each of your kids stating, " I am not to receive treats of any kind. I will accept stickers, however. Any questions, ask the lady standing next to me drooling over that cupcake."
It's worth a try! :)

Julie said...

I am so proud of you for even attempting this and proud of your kids for helping you. I do have that cookbook, "Deceptively Delicious" where she uses veggies instead of other sugary stuff. You are welcome to borrow if you like.

Pat said...

Try going to Julie's blog and looking at those fabulous hamburgers!! I'd take one of those over sugar any day! I'm so hungry for a hamburger right now that I'm tempted to head for the Iceburg and order the biggest one they have!

Jennica said...

You are still amazing!

nettie said...

One day out of six does not make a failure. Look at all the good you have done and the progress you have made. Besides, I'm glad that you caved in so that we could party! I'm ready to get serious now too!